CNN Sued for $275 Million over Fake News
By R. Mitchell –
One of the lawyers representing Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandman has filed a $275 million lawsuit against CNN for distributing and failing to correct fake news stories about Nick.
“We just filed the lawsuit today in the Federal District Court in Kentucky, the eastern district. And as you said earlier, it is a significant lawsuit seeking $75 million in compensatory damages and $200 million in punitive damages from CNN,” Todd McMurtry, co-counsel for Sandman said on The Story with Martha MacCallum Tuesday night. “CNN’s tagline is facts first, and what we believe their reporting was in this circumstance was lies first; cover up second, and facts not yet determined by that organization.
CNN, The Washington Post
“They did this without any reasonable investigation. They took something straight off Twitter that had been, in essence, manipulated so that it told one story and they reported it as the truth.” McMurtry said. “His character has now been determined by the lies issued by CNN. So the facts were not first, the lies were.”
McMurtry’s law firm notified CNN of the false reporting and gave them time to retract the incorrect stories, according to the attorney.
“They did not retract within the timeline provided for my Kentucky law. So their opportunity to retract is now passed. So we will proceed for our lawsuit for both compensatory and punitive damages,” he added.
Watch the entire Fox News Channel segment:
Content created by Conservative Daily News and some content syndicated through CDN is available for re-publication without charge under the Creative Commons license. Visit our syndication page for details and requirements.
CNN Sued for $275 Million over Fake News is original content from Conservative Daily News – Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust – Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more.